Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Power of Your Mind















By Helya Naghibi

In the first episode of the podcast "Fit Dirty Thirty with Helya", I talked briefly about motivation and your mind. Here’s a little more on that…



Let’s get one thing straight: if your head’s not in it, you will fail.



I would say it’s a big harsh too. Time and time again however, I find that my mindset is what determines if I have a good day, a bad day or a mediocre day. And time and time again, my head also determines if I have one cookie or six or if I get my workout in or … eat the cookies.



It’s really unfair, I think. How can my will and my head be on such different pages? And how can I go from having such a great day to having such a crappy day with one interaction, one email or one piece of unexpected news.



There has to be more than this.



Well, I truly believe there is. And the trick is that you have to accept it’s not ALWAYS good. It’s always…what it is. We have to do what we can with what we are given and enjoy the journey. Ever wonder if those people at the top had to be at the bottom too? I say yes, they did, maybe not financially, maybe not physically. Maybe they were born rich and skinny and beautiful. But I’ll tell you what… they also had a bottom. They also have stress. We are human and comparing always brings us down because our journeys are not the same. In the end, we all have things that don’t go our way. The difference is when we get up and that… IS something you can do.



How? This is where we can just thank the mind. It’s all in your thought process, it’s all in what you want to achieve. The mind is the incubator of thoughts, feelings, ideas, perspectives and even low points that turn into highs. The mind creates opportunity, it creates drive; it creates you, from within. You have the power to change what you think about by creating distractions, setting goals, and patting yourself on the back when things get hard.



Acceptance and achievement come hand in hand in my head. Accepting and loving who you are and then setting goals to achieve a better version of you… that’s also in the mind. And actually getting there, well, I said it before and I’ll say it again: if you’re heads not in it, you will fail.



So, Let’s get our head on straight. Let’s set ourselves up for success by creating a better physical world for our self every day. We can do that by first, learning what we think is a “better physical world”. Is it in fitness? Is it in nutrition? Is it in finances? And overall, are you being a healthier person who can reap the benefits of all these amazing things you want in the long term? In other words, what are you doing for YOU to get there mentally AND physically. Both equally important.



Once we have the knowledge, we can grow by falling, by dancing, by getting up and standing. Once we stand, we can take a step closer to what we want, what we need to be happy, to be successful, to be… you. A healthy, long living, growing, successful, you. 


To Subscribe to Fit Dirty Thirty with Helya, the 30-day Health and Wellness challenge, find us on iTunes for Apple or Stitcher Radio on Android.

For more info, visit www.TheStudioWorkout.com

No comments:

Post a Comment